October 4,2012
Luis is your age and is drunk. There might be times you can convince yourself that you’re okay — this wasn’t one of those times. He was drunk and he knew he was drunk. But that wasn’t the problem. He had gone to this party with his friends, including a designated driver, but they had already left. He was supposed to go with them, but he was having such a great time he told them he’d find another ride.
Now he was stuck with only five dollars and his cell phone. The only people left who could give him a ride were pretty wasted, themselves. He thought about calling a friend, but it was at least thirty miles (Riverside) to his house (Bell) and he didn’t want to impose. He couldn’t stay where he was because he didn’t even know the people who threw the party. If he called his parents…. well, he couldn’t even imagine how much trouble he would be in. They thought the party was nearby and had already told him not to get home too late or he was going to be grounded.
A girl he had met that night said her friend was dropping her off and could take him too. Unfortunately, she was pretty buzzed. Luis knew it was
dumb to get into the car with a driver you know is drunk. Everyone knows that. But everyone doesn’t have to go thirty miles and then face grumpy parents. As far as he was concerned, he was in trouble either way. He needed to make a decision.
What Advice would you give him if he called you? If you were Luis and stranded, what would you do in this situation? Do you see yourself ever having this problem? Why? (Use impose)
If Luis called me I would advice him to call one of his cousins that he can trust that they won’t say anything to his parents and get him into trouble. And if none of his cousins or aunts or uncles, can pick him up I would advice him to call his parents. Even though he was going to end up in trouble, it is better for him to get home safe. I would tell him to stay somewhere he knows his parents can find him easier. And I would tell him to make sure where he is going to be at next time he goes out. And to always make sure he has ride back home and that his ride isn’t drinking.
If I was stranded I would call my parents even thought I know I would be in a lot of trouble first of all for being drunk and second of all for lying to them about where the party was going to be. They impose me to always tell them the truth and tell them where I’m going to be at. I would rather be in a lot of trouble and grounded than being alone and stranded.
I don’t think I’ll be in this position because when I go out I go out with my cousins and I always make sure I will have a ride to the place and back home. I don’t get drunk yet, it’s not my style, especially if I go out with friends I always make sure I’m conscious of what I’m doing where I’m at. I do it to prevent from ever being in that messed up situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.