journal #51
Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey, not the bald eagle, to be
our country’s symbol. If you had the opportunity to help decide on our
nation’s symbol, would you choose the turkey or the bald eagle? Or would
you choose a different animal all together? Justify your answer with examples.
If i had a say in deciding our countries symbol, i would choose the bald eagle. I would choose it because a bald eagle represents strength, smart, and independent. Just like our country is all of those things. We are a strong, independent country, our country has been through a lot and we still stand strong 'till this day, after every disaster that this country has experienced.
To me the turkey represents fragile and weak. I coudnt think of a better animal to symbolize our country. A turkey seems like it is easy to be taken down, to be killed not as smart. I feel like a turkey would need to be led instead of being the strong independent leader.
A bald eagle, seems like it a strong leader, just like our country is ran. I just think that a bald eagle is the perfect animal to be the symbol for our country, i cant think of a better animal.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.